On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 17:44 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
>
>> The above check should be required also after pg_ctl reload since
>> synchronous_standby_names can be changed by SIGHUP?
>> Or how about just removing that? If the patch I submitted is
>> committed,empty synchronous_standby_names and max_wal_senders = 0
>> settings is no longer unsafe.
>
> Ah, on reload. I plugged the gap only at startup.
>
> I'll fix by changing assign_synchronous_standby_names(), not by changing
> lots of other parts of code and making runtime check each COMMIT.

I don't think that the check of local variable for each COMMIT wastes the
cycle so much. Anyway, the reload of the configuration file should not
cause the server to end unexpectedly. IOW, GUC assign hook should
use GUC_complaint_elevel instead of FATAL, in ereport. The attached
patch fixes that, and includes two typo fixes.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center