Actually, I want to run some set of queries in postgres on a HUGE data set.
I have to compute the actual execution time for each of those queries. So
how can I do that in Postgres ?

Suppose in Oracle following thing can be done :
*
set timing on;
select stuff from mytab;

Elapsed: 00:00:02.82

*Likewise, can I do this in Postgres? "set timing on" does not work in
Postgres.
Also is there any free tools available in Linux for doing so?

--
Thank You,
Subham Roy,