Il 04/04/11 18:37, Tom Lane ha scritto:
AFAIK, the main stumbling block for that is that XML doesn't allow
abbreviated close tags (ie,<foo>whatever</>).  Which is something that
we are not likely to give up.  So I'm not sure of the point of changing
something as trivial as entity declaration casing.  You're going to end
up having to fork the documentation anyway, or at least feed it through
an SGML to XML converter.  So why not fix the entity casing then?
We do it. However, given that the files that have been changed are edited very rarely, the scope of the patch is limited and compatibility with SGML is kept, I thought changing this at source level would be something to propose and submit.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
 Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia