On 04/23/2011 03:02 AM, Alex Hunsaker wrote:
Perl 5.14.0-RC1 came out a few days ago...

There is a minor compile time error due to the API changing a bit:
plperl.c:929:3: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment

This is due to GvCV() no longer returning an lvalue, instead they want
us to use the new GvCV_set macro. (see
http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/perl-5.14.0-RC1/pod/perldelta.pod#GvCV()_and_GvGP()_are_no_longer_lvalues)

Unfortunately  that macro is not available on older perls so the
attached provides our own macro when GvCV_set is not defined.

Tested with 5.14.0-rc1 and 5.12.3.

The -head patch applies with fuzz to 9.0. The 8.4 patch applies clean
to 8.4 and with fuzz to 8.3 and 8.2.

How nice of them not to fix it in ppport.h. I thought this is exactly the sort of thing it's for.

This looks OK, but I think we need to wait until they remove the RC tag.

cheers

andrew