On Tue, 03 May 2011 12:40:28 -0000, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:

Our Makefiles use dlltool and dllwrap to create DLLs. If you used our recommended build method pgxs would do lots of the work for you.

I'm not sure why you asked the mingw-w64 team about building a Postgres extension - they are unlikely to know anything much about our build system.

However, they do know about the mingw build tools.  In particular, from:
  http://oldwiki.mingw.org/index.php/dllwrap

"dllwrap is a tool to build DLLs. It seems to be deprecated in favour of
gcc -shared option, but some projects still use it. SQLite, for example."

Armed with this information, it may be prudent review the DLL build
process in PGXS.

For the record: I originally asked the mingw-w64 team for help to link
against the 64bit JVM.DLL for which there was no corresponding .def file.

Google cache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tZkweT_cNQQJ:oldwiki.mingw.org/index.php/dllwrap+mingw+dllwrap&cd=1&hl=is&ct=clnk&gl=is&client=opera&source=www.google.is

--
  Johann Oskarsson                http://www.2ndquadrant.com/    |[]
  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services  --+--

  Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/