On May 18, 2011, at 10:30 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

> The other problem is that the facility we need to provide the most is
> binary distributions (think apt-get).  Lots of site won't ever compile
> stuff on their production servers.  So while PGXN is a good tool, it's
> not a universal answer.

Yeah, I would think that, *if* we were to seriously look at deprecating contrib
(and I'm not suggesting that at all), one would *first* need to solve the
binary distribution problems.

I think building tools so that PGXN distributions are automatically harvested
and turned into StackBuilder/RPM/.deb binaries would be the place to start on
that.

Best,

David