On 11-05-27 12:35 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

grebe, which is also a PPC64 machine, isn't showing the bug.  And I just
failed to reproduce the problem on a RHEL6 PPC64 box.  About to go try
it on RHEL5, which has a gcc version much closer to what wombat says
it's using, but I'm not very hopeful about that.  I think the more
likely thing to be keeping in mind is that Gentoo is a platform with
poor quality control.

                        regards, tom lane

As another data point, the dblink regression tests work fine for me on a PPC32 debian (squeeze,gcc 4.4.5) based system.