On 05/27/2011 07:55 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Tom Lane<t...@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
"Joshua D. Drake"<j...@commandprompt.com>  writes:
You have done what you need to do to check the status. Someone who knows
something about the bug should speak up at some point.

That patch is waiting for a committer who knows something about Windows
to pick it up.

It might be useful, in this situation, for the OP to add this patch to
the CommitFest application.

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open

Also, I think it's about time we got ourselves some kind of bug
tracker.  I have no idea how to make that work without breaking
workflow that works now, but a quick survey of my pgsql-bugs email
suggests that this is far from the only thing slipping through the
cracks.

well as for just keeping track of -bugs I guess a very simple schema would go pretty far:

* have some tool monitor the list and if it sees a new bug# make it a ticket/bugreport
* if that bug number is mentioned in a commit close it
* provide a dashboard of:
  a) bugs that never got a response
  b) bugs that got a response but never have been mentioned in a commit
  c) bugs that got mentioned in a commit but no stable release was done yet
* provide a trivial interface (either mail or simple web interface - maybe in CF style) to make issues as "not a bug" or "not postgresql-core product" (which seems to be the top two non-big related inquiries we get on -bugs)

this is more or less exactly what I hacked up back in early 2008 based on bugzilla (without actually exposing the BZ User-Interface at all - just using it as a tracker core and talking to it using the API it provides).

Independent of whether we want to do a full tracker or not anywhere in the future we could at least start by prototyping with better automatic monitoring of -bugs.

Stefan