I think we could just let this code assume success for type RECORD.  It
won't affect VACUUM/ANALYZE, since there are (for reasons that should
now be obvious) no table or index columns of anonymous composite types.
Of course, it's impossible to store anonymous composite type anywhere, but
we still have possibility to use it in ORDER BY at least, following query works on HEAD but fails with patch:

select ROW(1, n) as r from generate_series(1,5) as n order by r;

What I was thinking last night is that it'd be smart to move all this
logic into the typcache, instead of repeating all the work each time we

Agree

--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teo...@sigaev.ru
                                                   WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/