On 03/06/11 02:36, Tom Lane wrote:
Robert Haas<robertmh...@gmail.com>  writes:
So I'm not sure work_disk is a great name.
I agree.  Maybe something along the lines of "temp_file_limit"?

Also, once you free yourself from the analogy to work_mem, you could
adopt some more natural unit than KB.  I'd think MB would be a practical
unit size, and would avoid (at least for the near term) the need to make
the parameter a float.

I agree, and I like your name suggestion (and also agree with Robert that 'work_mem' was not such a great name).

I'd be quite happy to use MB (checks guc.h) but looks like we don't have a GUC_UNIT_MB, not sure if adding it would be an issue (suggests on a suitable mask if people think it is a great idea).

Cheers

Mark