On 11-06-28 02:14 PM, Martin Pihlak wrote:
Thanks for the review!
I have since simplified the patch to assume that partial SSL writes are
disabled -- according to SSL_write(3) this is the default behaviour.
Now the SSL retry buffer only holds the data to be retried, the
remainder is moved to the new outBuffer.

That sounds okay. Does it make sense to add in a check to verify that SSL didn't send a partial write? I don't know how bad openssl is about changing default behaviours or if we are concerned about protecting against someone changing the SSL parameters. My inclination is that this isn't needed but I'll raise the issue.
Fixed.
New version of the patch attached.

Otherwise this version of the patch looks good to me.

The only testing I have done is running the test program you sent earlier on in the thread and verified that the regression tests all pass. Other than something like your test program I'm not sure how else this bug can be induced.

Since the original patch was submitted as a WIP patch and this version wasn't sent until well into the commit fest I am not sure if it qualifies for a committer during this commitfest or if it needs to wait until the next one.

regards,
Martin