On 07/19/2011 01:25 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
I can't figure out of there is something odd about this user's setup or
if there is a bug in pg_upgrade with -l on Windows.

The Windows file system seems to have some asynchronicity regarding what
files are locked. For that reason, the buildfarm code has long had a
couple of "sleep(5)" calls where it calls pg_ctl. You might benefit from
doing something similar.
Wow, I had no idea --- I can certainly add them.  It is possible the
person testing this has a faster machine than other users.  I will
report back after testing with a sleep(5).

We need to work out a way to get pg_upgrade testing into the buildfarm. It's becoming too important not to.

cheers

andrew