Dave,

> 1) There is an open source implementation of java

Really? I thought Sun had a patent.

> 2) The jdbc driver is much better than it was recently we have made lots
> of improvements, and it won't affect jpgadmin anyway. I actually think
> writing the admin tool in java will make the driver better.

That's great news, especially as we are planning to write a small business
accounting package using Postgres, OpenOffice.org, and Java.

> 3) Don't see this as a big issue we aren't writing something esoteric
> here.

Cool.   As I said, I don't think that any of the issues are prohibitive.

BTW, does anyone on this list know about Command Prompt, Inc.'s tools?  There
seems to be a lot of duplicte development going on in the commercial space.

-Josh Berkus

http://archives.postgresql.org