Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
> On 08/28/2011 04:15 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The bottom line seems to be that autoconf 2.59 is seriously broken on
>> recent toolchains.  Should we try to do something about that, like
>> migrate the 8.2 and 8.3 releases to a newer autoconf?  8.2 is close
>> enough to EOL that I don't mind answering "no" for it, but maybe we
>> should do that in 8.3.

> If we're going to do it for 8.3 we might as well for 8.2 at the same
> time, ISTM, even if it is close to EOL.

Yeah, possibly, if it's not too invasive.  I've not yet done any
research about what would need to change.

> Is -O3 a recommended setting for icc?

No idea.  But after a bit of man-page-reading I think it's probably not
the -O level that counts, so much as the fact that anchovy is using
-flto (link-time optimization) in CFLAGS.  I don't see any indication
that that's being selected by the buildfarm script itself, so it must be
coming from an environment setting of CFLAGS.