On 08/30/2011 06:07 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Yeah, we've been around on that before.  pg_dump does actually sort the
output items (modulo dependency requirements), but it sorts by the same
"tag" values that are printed by pg_restore -l, and those aren't currently
designed to be unique.  It's not too clear if we could get away with
changing the definitions of the tag strings.

The approach suggested by Jaime works fairly well. The only change I would make is to add OPERATOR args to the pg_restore -l output, e.g.,

1843; 2617 699799 OPERATOR public <(geometry, geometry) jma
1861; 2617 700565 OPERATOR public <(geography, geography) jma

Joe