Back in January/February, a patch was committed to avoid using libintl's version of setlocale:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-01/msg02628.php

The comment says it was about a problem with printf() and friends, so I wonder, why was that "#undef setlocale" line put inside the larger "#ifdef USE_REPL_SNPRINTF" block? If I understand the problem correctly, it has nothing to do with our replacement snprintf() function.

Fortunately, we always use the replacement snprintf() code on Windows, so there's no user-visible bug here, but if you imagine that we didn't USE_REPL_SNPRINTF on Windows, we would still want the "#undef setlocale" to take effect, right? I think that block is misplaced.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas