> Marc Munro <m...@bloodnok.com> writes:
> > It seems that in order to create an object in a given schema, I must
> > have been granted create privilege on the schema.  But in order to drop
> > that object I require usage privilege.
>
> > This means that with the right privilege settings I can create objects
> > that I cannot subsequently drop, or can drop an object that I cannot
> > recreate.
>
> Yeah.  So?  You can get similar effects with read-only or write-only
> directories in Unix filesystems.  Don't see why you find this surprising.

It's just that ordinarily as the owner of an object, I can do what I
like with it.  In this case, I can't.  In fact, once I've created the
table I can't access it.  I guess the surprising thing to me is that I'm
allowed to create it without usage privilege.

However, it is what it is, and as it is intended behaviour I will
happily work with it.  Perhaps some extra notes in the documentation of
the sql-grants section might be useful.

As a side note: creating a file in a write-only directory on Unix
doesn't work for me.

>                       regards, tom lane

Thanks for the response.

__