I was wondering if the index-only-scan will be available in 9.2? This is not
having to visit the real data to answer a query, if all the information is
available in the index. I think this will be a mayor step in overtaking the big
O in the g-spot.

There seams to already be some patch for this problem, but I don't know if you
are considering this for the next release? Why is the enthusiasm so low on this
feature? I would presume this is a mayor performance boost, not having to run
through millons of stupid pages if all the info is already in the index.