Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of vie oct 14 13:52:32 -0300 2011:
> All,
>
> I'm noticing some inconsistent and (I believe) undesirable behavior on
> RAISE INFO.
>
> If you call a function, and it posts progress reports using RAISE INFO,
> then you get the INFO statements plain back to the client.  However, if
> that function calls another function, then you also get a three-line
> CONTEXT message ... and if the functions are recursively called, the
> CONTEXT message will emit 3 lines for every level of the call stack.
>
> This seems like reasonable behavior for RAISE EXCEPTION but not RAISE
> INFO.  It pretty much makes INFO notices useless as end-user feedback if
> you have functions calling other functions because of the amount of
> garbage on the screen.  Is this a bug?

Maybe set the verbosity to a lower level in the function?  I dunno if
plpgsql lets you do that though.  We have a GUC that controls the server
log verbosity, and psql can do it too; but plpgsql is sort of in
between.

--
Álvaro Herrera <alvhe...@commandprompt.com>