On 18.10.2011 23:28, Tom Lane wrote:
"Kevin Grittner"<kevin.gritt...@wicourts.gov>  writes:
Would it be too weird to do something like this for each?:

-       write(fileno(stderr), line, len);
+       rc = write(fileno(stderr), line, len);
+       if (rc>= 0&&  rc != len)
+       {
+           Assert(false);
+           return;
+       }

I don't think the assert is a good idea.  If it ever did happen, that
would promote the problem from "corrupted data in the log" to "database
crash".

I believe the idea is that if there's a platform that does that, we want to know. In production, you don't run with assertions enabled. It makes sense to me, or can we fall back to logging a warning to stderr or something?

--
  Heikki Linnakangas