On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 1:05 AM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, so this is an artifact of the changes to make libpq communication
> bidirectional.  But I'm still confused about where the error is coming
> from.  In your OP, you wrote "In 9.2dev and 9.1, when walreceiver
> detects an error while sending data to WAL stream, it always emits
> ERROR even if there are data available in the receive buffer."  So
> that implied to me that this is only going to trigger if you have a
> shutdown together with an awkwardly-timed error.  But your scenario
> for reproducing this problem doesn't seem to involve an error.

Yes, my scenario doesn't cause any real error. My original description was
misleading. The following would be closer to the truth:

    "In 9.2dev and 9.1, when walreceiver detects the termination of replication
    connection while sending data to WAL stream, it always emits ERROR
    even if there are data available in the receive buffer."

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center