do you have more documentation about OPENMP and PostgreSQL?

El 09-11-2011 20:12, Greg Smith escribió:
 On 11/09/2011 04:10 PM, Rudyar Cortés wrote:
 I'm a new programmer in postgreSQL source code..
 Is possible use MPI functions in postgreSQL source code?

 To do this the proper way, you would need to modify the database's
 "configure" step to:

 -Check if the OpenMPI libraries are available and include the
 necessary bits.  For example, this is in one of the projects I work on:

 #ifdef _OPENMP
 extern int omp_get_num_threads();
 #endif

 Some form of that test and defining the functions available would be
 needed for what you want.

 -Link OpenMPI in.  At the gcc level you'll need "-fopenmp" to start.

 Then you could start using OpenMPI functions in database code.  You
 might hack the build steps to do this in a simpler way, too, rather
 than fight with configure the proper way.

 Since a lot of the MPI functions aim at specific types of thread use
 and I/O, it would be a major effort to utilize the library for too
 many things.  The existing notion of how processes are created and
 managed is scattered throughout the PostgreSQL code.  And the I/O
 parts of the database are buried through a few layers of indirection.