On 11/10/2011 05:26 PM, Greg Smith wrote:
I know some of the earlier versions of XML EXPLAIN included a "DTD" option to output that, but I don't see that in the committed code. I'm not sure where that is at actually; it's a good question.

The only reference to doing this I found was Andrew's blog: http://people.planetpostgresql.org/andrew/index.php?/archives/32-A-couple-of-nice-tools.html where he talks about there being a RELAXNG specification for the XML output. I can't find where that came from either. Andrew?

I created one at some stage, but I it's rather bitrotted. Essentially I think we decided that we were going to be pretty free to whack around the format and having a spec wasn't going to be terribly helpful.

cheers

andrew