On 16.12.2011 14:37, Simon Riggs wrote:
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<heikki.linnakan...@enterprisedb.com>  wrote:

Anyway, I'm looking at ways to make the memcpy() of the payload happen
without the lock, in parallel, and once you do that the record header CRC
calculation can be done in parallel, too. That makes it irrelevant from a
performance point of view whether the prev-link is included in the CRC or
not.

Better plan. So we keep the prev link in the CRC.

I already proposed a design for that using page-level share locks any
reason not to go with that?

Sorry, I must've missed that. Got a link?

--
  Heikki Linnakangas