Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> Personally, I hate patches that do more than one thing.  For me, the
> time required to verify a patch goes as about O(n^2) in its size.

That's exactly why I'm opening that discussion.  The main difference
between the approaches I can take is the time it takes to export each
patch against the merge conflicts to solve at each minor revision.

>>  - extension whitelisting
>
> Who creates this list?
>
> If the answer is "the superuser", then why not just let them create a

Yes.

> suitable SECURITY DEFINER function if they are so inclined, wrapping
> CREATE EXTENSION?  We've occasionally had requests for "DDL

The goal is that users don't know about the whitelisting in most cases,
they just do CREATE EXTENSION and don't have to care about it, which
means it works the same on the laptop and the production environment.

That's what you easily can get with the command trigger patch.
--
Dimitri Fontaine