On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Five-minute pgbench run, scale factor 100,
> permanent tables, my usual config settings.  Somewhat depressingly,
> virtually all of the interesting activity still centers around the
> same three locks

We've seen clear evidence that the performance profile changes over
time, with certain artifacts becoming more prominent.

Running exactly the same tests repeatedly is useful to derive the
historical perspectives, but we need a wider spread of tests to be
certain that the work done is generally applicable.

I'd be interested to see results from a 30 minute run, focusing on
what happens in minutes 10-30, if you have time.