Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakan...@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On 12.01.2012 17:26, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Simon Riggs<si...@2ndquadrant.com>  writes:
>>> New -x option for pgbench executes the given command once after
>>> connection of each session.

> If it's just for SET, you could just put the GUCs in postgresql.conf.

Or use PGOPTIONS.  I think there might be a use-case for this sort of
thing, but it's going to be more complicated than a SET or two; that's
why I think the feature ought to provide for a script not just a
command.

One particular use-case that comes to mind is executing \set commands
that only need to be done once, not once per iteration.