On 01/03/2012 12:59 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Noah Misch<n...@leadboat.com>  writes:
Regarding the other message, avoid composing a translated message from
independently-translated parts.
Yes.  I haven't looked at the patch, but I wonder whether it wouldn't be
better to dodge both of these problems by having the subroutine return a
success/failure result code, so that the actual ereport can be done at
an outer level where the full message (and hint) can be written
directly.

Between your and Noah's comments I understand the issue and likely direction to sort this out now. Bounced forward to the next CommitFest and back on my plate again. Guess I'll be learning new and exciting things about translation this week.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD