On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> wrote:

>>> Maybe we should set both to false?
>>
>> Well, ready = false and valid = true doesn't make any sense.  There is
>> only just-created -> ready -> valid.  We might as well convert that to a
>> single "char" column, as you had indicated in your earlier email.  But
>> that's independent of the proposed patch.
>
> Sure, but the point is that I think if you want everyone to stop
> touching the index, you ought to mark it both not-valid and not-ready,
> which the current patch doesn't do.

Thanks for the review and the important observation. I agree that I've
changed the wrong column. indisready must be set false. Also agree
setting both false makes most sense.

Can I just check with you that the only review comment is a one line
change? Seems better to make any additional review comments in one go.