Hi Harada-san,

I checked the "fdw_helper_funcs_v3.patch", "pgsql_fdw_v5.patch" and
"pgsql_fdw_pushdown_v1.patch". My comments are below.

[BUG]
Even though pgsql_fdw tries to push-down qualifiers being executable
on the remove side at the deparseSql(), it does not remove qualifiers
being pushed down from the baserel->baserestrictinfo, thus, these
qualifiers are eventually executed twice.

See the result of this EXPLAIN.
  postgres=# EXPLAIN SELECT * FROM ft1 WHERE a > 2 AND f_leak(b);
                                                QUERY PLAN

   Foreign Scan on ft1  (cost=107.43..122.55 rows=410 width=36)
     Filter: (f_leak(b) AND (a > 2))
     Remote SQL: DECLARE pgsql_fdw_cursor_0 SCROLL CURSOR FOR SELECT
a, b FROM public.t1 WHERE (a > 2)
  (3 rows)

My expectation is (a > 2) being executed on the remote-side and f_leak(b)
being executed on the local-side. But, filter of foreign-scan on ft1 has both
of qualifiers. It has to be removed, if a RestrictInfo get pushed-down.

[Design comment]
I'm not sure the reason why store_result() uses MessageContext to save
the Tuplestorestate within PgsqlFdwExecutionState.
The source code comment says it is used to avoid memory leaks in error
cases. I also have a similar experience on implementation of my fdw module,
so, I could understand per-scan context is already cleared at the timing of
resource-release-callback, thus, handlers to external resource have to be
saved on separated memory context.
In my personal opinion, the right design is to declare a memory context for
pgsql_fdw itself, instead of the abuse of existing memory context.
(More wise design is to define sub-memory-context for each foreign-scan,
then, remove the sub-memory-context after release handlers.)

[Design comment]
When "BEGIN" should be issued on the remote-side?
The connect_pg_server() is an only chance to issue "BEGIN" command
at the remote-side on connection being opened. However, the connection
shall be kept unless an error is not raised. Thus, the remote-side will
continue to work within a single transaction block, even if local-side iterates
a pair of "BEGIN" and "COMMIT".
I'd like to suggest to close the transaction block at the timing of either
end of the scan, transaction or sub-transaction.

[Comment to Improve]
Also, which transaction isolation level should be specified in this case?
An idea is its isolation level is specified according to the current isolation
level on the local-side.
(Of course, it is your choice if it is not supported right now.)

[Comment to improve]
It seems to me the design of exprFunction is not future-proof, if we add
a new node type that contains two or more function calls, because it can
return an oid of functions.
I think, the right design is to handle individual node-types within the
large switch statement at foreign_expr_walker().
Of course, it is just my sense.

[Comment to improve]
The pgsql_fdw_handler() allocates FdwRoutine using makeNode(),
then it set function-pointers on each fields.
Why don't you return a pointer to statically declared FdwRoutine
variable being initialized at compile time, like:

  static FdwRoutine pgsql_fdw_handler = {
      .type               = T_FdwRoutine,
      .PlanForeignScan    = pgsqlPlanForeignScan,
      .ExplainForeignScan = pgsqlExplainForeignScan,
      .BeginForeignScan   = pgsqlBeginForeignScan,
      .IterateForeignScan = pgsqlIterateForeignScan,
      .ReScanForeignScan  = pgsqlReScanForeignScan,
      .EndForeignScan     = pgsqlEndForeignScan,
  };

  Datum
  pgsql_fdw_handler(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
  {
        PG_RETURN_POINTER(&pgsql_fdw_handler);
  }

[Question to implementation]
At pgsqlIterateForeignScan(), it applies null-check on festate->tuples
and bool-checks on festete->cursor_opened.
Do we have a possible scenario that festate->tuples is not null, but
festate->cursor_opened, or an opposite combination?
If null-check on festate->tuples is enough to detect the first call of
the iterate callback, it is not my preference to have redundant flag.

Thanks,

--
KaiGai Kohei <kai...@kaigai.gr.jp>