Hello

Dne 28. února 2012 17:48 Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@commandprompt.com> napsal(a):

> I have a few comments about this patch:
>
> I didn't like the fact that the checker calling infrastructure uses
> SPI instead of just a FunctionCallN to call the checker function.  I
> think this should be easily avoidable.

It is not possible - or it has not simple solution (I don't how to do
it). PLpgSQL_checker is SRF function. SPI is used for processing
returned resultset. I looked to pg source code, and I didn't find any
other pattern than using SPI for SRF function call. It is probably
possible, but it means some code duplication too. I invite any ideas.

> Second, I see that functioncmds.c gets a lot into trigger internals just
> to be able to figure out the function starting from a trigger name.  I
> think it'd be saner to have a new function in trigger.c that returns the
> required function OID.

done

> I think CheckFunction would be clearer if the code to check multiple
> objects is split out into a separate subroutine.

done

> After CheckFunction there is a leftover function comment without any
> following function.  There are other spurious hunks that add or remove
> single lines too (once in an otherwise untouched file).

fixed

I refreshed patch for current git repository.

Regards

Pavel