On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> More generally, I do not like depending on postmaster environment
> variables --- our experience with environment variables for database
> locations has been uniformly bad....
> The existing secondary-location mechanism is horrible.  Please do not
> emulate it...

Right. I get really, really worried about security issues when I see
something like "just specify an environment variable." Who knows what
the heck else is in the environment.

I'd really like to see that removed and replaced with a configuration file
or something similar.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org