Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> writes:
> On tor, 2012-03-15 at 16:36 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of jue mar 15 16:25:53 -0300 2012:
>>> Isn't that just a subset of what I had proposed?
>>> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/1328820579.11241.4.ca...@vanquo.pezone.net

>> So do you intend to commit your patch?

> Well, there was quite a bit of discussion about it, but it appears that
> most concerns were addressed at the end.  So yes, I guess, unless
> someone wants further discussion.

I'm a bit concerned about whether that's actually going to be useful.
A quick check shows that in the regression database, the proposed patch
produces 3246 possible completions, which suggests that by the time you
get down to a unique match you're going to have typed most of the name
anyway.

BTW, you should at least exclude dropped columns, I think.