Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakan...@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> I don't think I'm getting my point across by explaining, so here's a
> modified version of the patch that does what I was trying to say.

Minor side point: some of the diff noise in this patch comes from
s/copy_plpgsql_datum/plpgsql_copy_plpgsql_datum/, which seems entirely
useless.  The name already contains "plpgsql", and even if it didn't,
there is no particular reason for plpgsql to worry about polluting
global symbol namespace.  Nothing else resolves against its symbols
anyway, at least not on any platform we claim to support.  I would
therefore also argue against the other renamings like
s/exec_move_row/plpgsql_exec_move_row/.