Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> These patches aren't marked with a committer

> I think the ECPG fetch patch is about ready to go.  Normally Michael
> Meskes handles all ECPG patches, but I'm not sure what his schedule is
> like.  I'm not sure what the politics are of someone else touching
> that code.

I think we should leave that one for Michael.  Frankly, none of the
rest of us pay enough attention to ecpg to be candidates to take
responsibility for nontrivial patches there.

In fact, for *most* of these patches the fact that they're still here
should give you pause about just committing them.

> I am not sure what the state of the foreign stats patch is, or FK arrays.

I'm taking the foreign stats one; as I mentioned a bit ago, I think we
need to push an FDW ANALYZE hook into 9.2.  I don't like the details of
what's in the current submission but I think it's fixable with not much
effort.

The FK arrays one I'm kind of queasy about.  It's a cool-sounding idea
but I'm not convinced that all the corner-case details have been
adequately thought through, and I'm scared of being unable to fix any
such bugs in later versions because of backwards compatibility worries.
It'd be a lot better to be pushing this in at the start of a devel cycle
than the end.

Most of the rest of this stuff I'm about ready to put off to 9.3.
The risk/reward ratio for committing it on the last day of the last
9.2 fest doesn't look good.