On 04/09/2012 07:38 AM, Clover White wrote:
Hi,
  I'm debugging initdb using gdb.
I found that I could not step in the function getopt_long in line 2572 in initdb.c. I also found that the value of VAR optind never be changed. VAR optind is always equal to 1 but how could optind be larger than the value of argc(the value of argc is 6) in line 2648 and 2654.

I was so confused. Could someone give me some help? Thank you~

Why do you expect it to be? Perhaps if you tell us what problem you're actually trying to solve we can help you better.

cheers

andrew