On 04/16/2012 09:34 AM, Hannu Krosing wrote:
based on Abhijit's feeling and some discussion offline, the consensus
seems to be to remove query_to_json.
The only comment I have here is that query_to_json could have been
replaced with json_agg, so thet you don't need to do double-buffering
for the results of array(<yourquery>) call in

SELECT array_to_json(array(<yourquery>));

Or is there some other way to avoid it except to wrap row_to_json()
calls in own aggregate function which adds enclosing brackets and comma
separator ( like this : '['<row1>[,<rowN>]']' ?

The way I usually write this is:

    select array_to_json(array_agg(q))
    from (<yourquery>) q;

It's a pity you didn't make this comment back in January when we were talking about this. I think it's too late now in this release cycle to be talking about adding the aggregate function.

cheers

andrew