On 19/04/12 06:23, Josh Berkus wrote:
Nagaraj,

i am nagaraj, i am newbi in this database world. i required your help.
2 dyas back i formatted one of my client system. which is having postgresql
8.2 database&  that was having data. but i am not taken backup of the data.
1) how to take the data from the formatted harddisk. ?
2) how many folders or files will be their at base folder. When we install
postgresql 8.2?
3) how to identify which folder contain which file. ?

4) If you formatted the hard drive, your data is gone.

Well that last point is not entirely true. Depending on the type of format used it may be possible to recover little/some/most (bit of a lottery there) of your data.

There are tools out there to help, however if the data is important it is worthwhile a) stopping using the disk(s) immediately and b) getting a computer forensics/data recovery service to help.

regards

Mark

P.s: Judging from the date of this thread the above advice may be too late, sorry. Next time always backup!