On 05/11/2012 05:32 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

But in the interest of actually being productive - what *is* the
usecase for needing a 5 minute turnaround time? I don't buy the "check
what a patch looks like", because that should be done *before* the
commit, not after - so it's best verified by a local docs build anyway
(which will also be faster).

I'm sure we can put something in with a pretty quick turnaround again
without too much strain on the system, but it does, as I mentioned
before, require decoupling it from the buildfarm which means it's not
just tweaking a config file.

If it's of any use to you I have made some adjustments to the buildfarm code which would let you do *just* the docs build (and dist make if you want). It would still pull from git, and only do anything if there's a (relevant) change. So using that to set up a machine that would run every few minutes might work. Of course, building the docs can itself be fairly compute intensive, so you still might not want to run every few minutes if that's a limiting factor.

cheers

andrew