On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 02:09:44PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Greg Sabino Mullane <g...@endpoint.com> writes:
> > We have a 8.3.18 system (yes, the same one from the previous
> > thread, finally upgraded!) that gave us this error yesterday:
>
> > ERROR:  index "pg_class_oid_index" is not a btree
>
> That means you got bogus data while reading the metapage.
> I'm beginning to wonder about the hardware on this server ...

Thanks for the reply. Me too. This is on a cluster[1], so we
do have the luxury of testing the hardware on each box and
shuffling things around. I'm also thinking we need to get away
from the near-constant updating of pg_class, just as a good
measure.

[1] Bruce, yet another usage! :)

--
Greg Sabino Mullane g...@endpoint.com