Stefan Kaltenbrunner <ste...@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
>>> PID  PENDING   CAUGHT  IGNORED  BLOCKED COMMAND
>>> 12480 20004004 34084005 c942b002 fffefeff postgres: writer process
>>> 9841 20004004 34084007 c942b000 fffefeff postgres: wal writer process

> this seems to be SIGUSR1,SIGTERM and SIGQUIT

OK, I looked up OpenBSD's signal numbers on the web.  It looks to me
like these two processes have everything blocked except KILL and STOP
(which are unblockable of course).  I do not see any place in the PG
code that could possibly set such a mask (note that BlockSig should
have more holes in it than that).  So I'm thinking these must be
blocked inside some system function that's installed a restrictive
signal mask, or some such function forgot to restore the mask on exit.
Could you gdb each of these processes and get a stack trace?