On 25-06-2012 14:30, Greg Jaskiewicz wrote:
> Wasn't this more of an issue in de-coupling compression from encryption ?

Let me give a try to take some conclusion. If we decide for an independent
compression code instead of an SSL-based one, that is a possibility to be
tested: SSL + SSL-based compression x SSL + our compression code. If the
latter is faster then we could discuss the possibility to disable compression
in our SSL code and put in documentation that it is recommended to enable
compression in SSL connections.

--
   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/