On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <is...@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found following item in the Developer FAQ.
> I don't see why this is related to developers.
>  Why aren't there more compression options when dumping tables?

it looks more like a TODO, or we think we are not interested on this?
if the latter, then it probably is part of the "things we don't want"
of the dev faq

btw, the previous item is this:
"Why don't you use threads, raw devices, async-I/O, <insert your
favorite wizz-bang feature here>?"

what's the difference about the async-I/O mentioned here and
"synchronous_commit=off", if there is none maybe we should remove that
part

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitaciĆ³n