On 27.08.2012 15:18, Amit kapila wrote:
I have implemented the WAL Reduction Patch for the case of HOT Update as
pointed out by Simon and Robert. In this patch it only goes for Optimized WAL
in case of HOT Update with other restrictions same as in previous patch.

The performance numbers for this patch are attached in this mail. It has
improved by 90% if the page has fillfactor 80.

Now going forward I have following options:
a. Upload the patch in Open CF for WAL Reduction which contains reductution for
HOT and non-HOT updates.
b. Upload the patch in Open CF for WAL Reduction which contains reductution for
HOT updates.
c. Upload both the patches as different versions.

Let's do it for HOT updates only. Simon & Robert made good arguments on why this is a bad idea for non-HOT updates.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas