Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of lun sep 10 09:50:42 -0300 2012:

> > > That's the main problem, but fixing it would be very useful in other
> > > places as well.  I had it on my radar to do something about that.
> >
> > This would be a good thing.  Got any ideas how to do it?
>
> Here is a very rough patch.  It obviously will need a lot of
> fine-tuning, but it's the idea.

I remember trying to do this for the mb/conversion_procs subdir years
ago, to make them build in parallel to save some time.  It didn't go
anywhere but the basic idea seems similar in spirit.  Maybe we can use
this there too to make it fast.