Dmitri:

Thanks for the response.

I am resigned to just patch each major release with my own pile of hook code that I can quickly
graft into the code base, currently grafting 9.2.0.

My strategy is to let the PG code base float around with all the work of the fine hackers on this list,
maybe debate a couple of things with some friendly types, but
really just put my effort into logic piled into external replication daemon which
will NOT change due to anything in the PG core.

If one day, the code base actually feeds me the event information I need, maybe I will change it.

And I have not seen anybody request my hook code but a few have responded that the are working
on things in the code base, release date unknown.

Cheers,

marco