On Friday, October 19, 2012 09:05:30 PM Tom Lane wrote:
> Andres Freund <and...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > Simple fix attached.
>
> Are you sure this isn't just moving the failure conditions around?

Don't think so. Its not that easy to follow though...

The "CREATE OptTemp TABLE create_as_target AS EXECUTE "  production puts an
ExecuteStmt into CreateTableAsStmt->query.
"CREATE OptTemp TABLE create_as_target AS SelectStmt" puts a SelectStmt in
there.

then

static Query *
transformCreateTableAsStmt(ParseState *pstate, CreateTableAsStmt *stmt)
{
        Query      *result;

        /* transform contained query */
        stmt->query = (Node *) transformStmt(pstate, stmt->query);

        /* represent the command as a utility Query */
        result = makeNode(Query);
        result->commandType = CMD_UTILITY;
        result->utilityStmt = (Node *) stmt;

        return result;
}

guarantees that we have a Query with IsA(Query->utilityStmt,
CreateTableAsStmt). And CreateTableAsStmt->query is the result of
transformStmt(SelectStmt|ExecuteStmt). A transformed SelectStmt returns a
Query with commandType == CMD_SELECT. A transformed ExecuteStmt returns a new
Query node with commandType == CMD_UTILITY and the original ExecuteStmt as
utilityStmt.

So as far as I can see the new logic is correct? A quick look & test seems to
confirm that.

Greetings,

Andres
--