Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

[ ... ]

> What about this.
>
> 1. Implement pg_get_foreignkey_def() or whatever
> 2. Adjust pg_dump to dump foreign keys using an ALTER statement
> 3. Back port the above to rel 7_2_2
> 4. Release a 7.2.2 version and ask that people upgrade to that version and
> do a dump before they upgrade to 7.3.
> 5. All is well, plus ppl who don't want to switch to 7.3 on production get
> all sorts of useful bug fixes as well.

If we have to have a 7.2.2 release, I'd like to suggest to backport
"create or replace view" , it it doesn't use any 7.3-specific feature.
This one is my pet peeve at the moment ... ;-) Would give a *lot* of
end-user functionality (and I am a and-user, after all), at little cost,
if I'm not mistaken ...).

--
Emmanuel Charpeentier