On Oct 21, 2012, at 6:02 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 16:31 +0000, Murphy, Kevin wrote:
>> It might be nice for psql to have a 'htmlcaption' boolean pset option that
>> would wrap the provided title/caption, if any, in a caption tag in the HTML
>> report output, when using html format.
>
> I'm not following.  It does do that already

Sorry for not doing due diligence.  These aren't the droids I was looking
looking for.  I'm moving along.

I had tuples_only (which killed the captions) and expanded on, so that the
results, which were guaranteed to have a single row, would look nice instead of
having a "Record 1" prefix.  This is a very special case, and not worth doing
anything about, unless it bothers someone that a single row result is prefaced
with "Record 1" in expanded mode.

I was doing reports like this:

\pset expanded
\pset footer
\pset format html
\pset tuples_only

\C 'All Samples'
select (select count(distinct blinded_id) from core_person) as "Individuals",
       (select count(*) from core_sample) as "Samples",
       (select count(distinct uploaded_data_file_id) from core_samplefile) as
"Genomic files mapped to a sample/person",
       (select count(distinct sample_id) from core_samplefile) as "Samples with
genomic files",
       (select count(distinct person_id) from core_samplefile join core_sample
on core_samplefile.sample_id = core_sample.id) as "Individuals with genomic
files",
       (select count(distinct person_id) from core_blindfile) as "Individuals
with analysis files";

\pset expanded
\pset footer
\pset format aligned