On 11/05/2012 08:52 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
On Mon, Nov  5, 2012 at 05:39:40PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
Sorry, I should've said psql --single-transaction.  Although that isn't
going to work either given the presence of \connect commands in the
script.  I wonder whether pg_dumpall ought to have some sort of "one
transaction per database please" option.
pg_dumpall ought to support -Fc output ...
That is already a TODO:

        Add pg_dumpall custom format dumps?

That '?' isn't an accident. Custom format is currently inherently single-database. Unless you're going to make pg_dumpall produce multiple custom format archives, that would involve a major change that nobody has designed AFAIK.

cheers

andrew